Iger Moves to the Metaverse
In a Wall Street Journal Exclusive, former Disney CEO Robert Iger announced he is moving to the metaverse.
- Iger is an investor in, and has taken a board seat with Genies, Inc.
- Genes tools make virtual characters, clothing and accessories backed by NFTs
- Genies was founded in 2017 and has raised $100 million
Why it matters: Iger believes the ability to create and sell virtual goods will change the entertainment industry.
- Virtual goods will be a key component of the metaverse.
- NFTs will be an integral part of web3
WSJ News Exclusive | After Walt Disney, Robert Iger Heads to the Metaverse
Robert Iger spent decades helming a company known for its animated characters. For his next act, the former Walt Disney…
You might enjoy: